Tuesday 13 October 2009

So much more than arithmetic

'The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.' -Psalm 138:8
A passage from Psalms that really lifted my spirit and spoke right into my heart.
He is indeed the Lifter of our head and the source of all joy and strength.
Even with my surrounding tumult and struggle, He is my Rock and Glory.
I am now 'sort of' thrown into the deep end and know how it feels like to be pushed around, bullied and unfairly treated.
I know how it feels like to have a really bad day, feel tired and drained off every ounce of energy you have yet having to deal with so many other issues.

But Praise You Jesus, there is nothing in this world that can separate me from Your love.
When everything around me seems to fall out of place, I will still be found in You.

It is true that God, you are not arithmetic. You are not science. You are beyond and above all that humanity has tried to equate or define. You are GOD! You reign and You are seated on Your throne. You have everything under control, even when I sometimes think that things are spiralling out of control, I know that from Your vantage point, everything is in control.

"I won't find what I am looking for
If I only 'see' by keeping score,
'Cos I know now you are so much more than arithmetic

'Cos if I add, if I subtract,
If I give it all, try to take some back
I've forgotten the freedom that comes from the fact
That you are the sum
So You are the one I want."

-lyrics from Brooke Fraser's 'Arithmetic'.

I find it incredibly satisfying when I think about how nothing-not even difficult circumstances can rob me of my faith and hope in You. How I can still cling on to You and say- God, You are still so so amazingly good!!

Love You with every beat of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment