Wednesday 4 February 2009

Diamonds in the dust

What I strive for, is to be entirely attuned to God, so much so that all my threads of ugly ( of character, thoughts, speech) cease to exist.

We all, I believe, have a certain thread of ugly. Sometimes, subconsciously, we judge, demean, derogate and stick invisible labels on others. We struggle to have faith in dark times. This thread of ugly surfaces at times, making itself manifest as we cower in dismay.

But, no, I want this thread of ugly in me to gradually dissipate as I strive to be transformed daily into the likeness of Him. I want my faith to soar, in the good times and bad. Even when His ways don't make sense to me, I would refuse to allow seeds of doubt to flourish.

It is very real, the entrapment of the enemy. Just a couple of days ago, my Shanghainese coursemate was reciting a paragraph or so of ' Your Year of the Dragon horoscope for 2009" to me.

There is no superstition in Christ. There is no such thing as good luck. That is why I struggle to hide my repulsion when people exchange 'good luck' wishes just before an important exam.

When we experience a string of unfortunate events or when we go through a rough patch, it is certainly not a case of 'bad luck', but I would like to think that it is us who will come through refined, stronger and victorious because of the hand of the Lord on our lives. So, yes, have faith, bucketfuls of it!

When we believe, what comes naturally would be this mountain moving faith, this unshakable grounded faith that we have in our Lord Jesus. So when the going gets tough, we are not to be moved, but will come forth glittering with hope and confidence, like diamonds in the dust.

Have a blessed week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment