Thursday 19 February 2009

He is there.

If I would stop searching for answers to my disappointment, my shortcomings and failures, I would then know that none of it matters because God is out there, in His invincibility, He is watching and He wants me to see through Kingdom lenses, to see beyond, to embrace Him for who He is and to seek His face, a glimpse of His glory.

If all I had was one last breath,
I'd spend it just to sing Your praise,
Just to say Your name.
If all I had was one last prayer,
I'd pray it 'cause I know You're always listening,
If I could live a thousand lives, bind the hands of time,
I would spend every moment by Your side.

'Cause I, I know You're there, I know You see me
You're the air I breathe,
You are the ground beneath me.
I know You're there, I know You hear me
I can find You anywhere.

If all I had was one more song to sing,
I would raise my voice to make the heavens ring,
If all I had was one last chance, I'd take it
I would stake it on You.
If I could raise up high and catch a glimpse of every eye,
I would make them believe,
What I feel inside.

I know You're there.

-Jeff Chandler for Casting Crowns.

This song is hauntingly beautiful, it spurs me to live my life just like that. To know that He is there, all the time, His love for each and every one of us is -worth us staking our lives, our faith and our hopes on Him. As Philip Yancey puts it:

" Someone is out there, I realized. Someone is watching life as it unfolds on this planet. More, Someone is there who loves me. It was a startling feeling of wild hope, a feeling so new and overwhelming that it seemed fully worth risking my life on".

3 comments:

  1. You pen your thoughts down so succintly! You've got such style and elegance in your writing, love reading your blog. Continue to write more anointed songs and inspirational posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheena for your very flattering comment. I'm not that much of a writer actually but I do try to write with as much poignancy as I can.
    I will try to write as frequently as possible, or whenever I'm inspired to inspire :)
    God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AGREE with Sheena! Indeed it's a gift to pen down your thoughts so beautifully! Keep it going, these words are going to bless your readers tremendously!

    ReplyDelete